Every Wednesday afternoon Steve Blumenthal, CEO of CMG Capital Management Group, takes a hard look at the markets and posts his Trade Signals.
Trade Signals is Steve’s “risk on – risk off” call on market volatility and adjusting portfolio positioning for the market conditions. Steve illustrates his outlook on a weekly basis through the use of Sentiment Charts.
Excerpt below from this week’s Trade Signals S&P 500 Index 1980 – Aggressive Rally, Now What? Equity Trade Signals:
- CMG Ned Davis Research (NDR) Large Cap Momentum Index: Sell Signal – Bearish for Equities
- Long-term Trend (13/34-Week EMA) on the S&P 500® Index: Sell Signal – Bearish for Equities
- Volume Demand is greater than Volume Supply: Sell Signal – Bearish for Equities
- NDR Big Mo: See note below (active signal: sell signal on 1-15-16).
Investor Sentiment Indicators:
- NDR Crowd Sentiment Poll: Extreme Pessimism (short-term Bullish for Equities)
- Daily Trading Sentiment Composite: Extreme Pessimism (short-term Bullish for Equities)
Fixed Income Trade Signals:
- Zweig Bond Model: Buy Signal
- High-Yield Model: Buy Signal
The current opinions and forecasts expressed herein are solely those of Steve Blumenthal and are subject to change. They do not represent the opinions of CMG. CMGs trading strategies are quantitative and may hold a position that at any given time does not reflect Steve’s forecasts. Steve’s opinions and forecasts may not actually come to pass. Information on this site should not be used as a recommendation to buy or sell any investment product or strategy.