How can you realign and retool your business?
Why do you get the tires on your car realigned periodically? Because due to the bumps, twists and turns in the road, every once and a while you need to realign to get back on track. Is your business any different? Of course not.
Have you checked your business alignment recently? Ask yourself the following questions:
* How is your client’s total experience with your firm?
* Are you still as passionate about the service you provide as you were one year ago?
* If not, what has changed?
* What components of your business must you realign now?
* Are there new services your clients are asking for that you could provide?
* Are you hitting your goals and profit projections?
* If not, what is holding you back?
* What has to happen or change to get you on course?
As a financial advisor, you have a golden opportunity to shape the lives of your clients. You can help them recapture a sense of excitement, the invigorating thrill of going for their goals or embracing their possibilities. Their life stories will be written in the risks…those taken and those avoided.
Years ago, I had the opportunity to hear Lou Holtz speak at a conference. Lou was both inspiring and energizing. He spoke of the opportunities all around us and the need for us to make the right choices. He summed up getting the most out of what you’ve got now in 3 points.
1) Be the best at what you’re doing now, whatever that may be.
2) You can control your attitude which is by far the most important thing you can choose.
3) Focus on what you have. I call this focusing on the glass half full. This keeps the focus on what you can do not on what you can’t do.
Going back to the car alignment earlier, your car functions best when you realign it regularly. Likewise, your habits only grow and strengthen in proportion to your frequency of use. As Brian Tracy has said, ” Successful people are simply those with successful habits.” Are you developing the right habits for your success? Make the 3 points above regular habits.
You already have everything within you. As an advisor, why wouldn’t you succeed in a big way?
You are free to make the right choices. You are free to make your life really matter. You are free to impact your clients in a meaningful way. Your decision to take action and practice these habits connect your potential to your reality. You really can’t lose by taking action and practicing these habits. Either you succeed or you fail, then learn, then try again.
I have seen more advisors succeed in our business because they never gave up. Everyone has the same 24 hours. How will you use yours?
Mike Sciortino has more than 30 years of experience in the investment management business. Mike speaks at Conferences and writes often about how advisors can differentiate themselves, grow their practice, and improve their lives through time-tested processes. See all of Mike’s stories for CMG Advisor Central. Connect with Mike on LinkedIn.