The CMG NDR Large Cap Momentum Index remains in a sell (June 30, 2015). This past week, NDR’s Big Mo indicator moved to a sell signal. The cyclical trend remains down for equities.
Sentiment remains pessimistic which is short-term bullish for the market. Having expected a rally due to such extreme sentiment, the S&P 500 has reached a point of significant resistance. Now would be a good time to re-establish hedges and raise cash.
Cyclical Equity Market Trend: Sell Signal
- CMG NDR Large Cap Momentum Index: Sell Signal on June 30, 2015 at S&P 500 Index 2063
- 13/34-Week EMA on the S&P 500 Index: Sell Signal
- NDR Big Mo: Sell Signal on October 2, 2015 at S&P 500 1951
- Volume Demand is greater than Volume Supply: Sell Signal for Stocks
Weekly Investor Sentiment Indicator
- NDR Crowd Sentiment Poll: Extreme Pessimism (short-term Bullish for stocks)
- Daily Trading Sentiment Composite: Extreme Pessimism (short-term Bullish for stocks)
- Don’t Fight the Tape or the Fed: Indicator Reading = -1 (Negative for Equities)
For the full story see Trade Signals: No Go Says Big Mo, Zweig Model Bullish on Bonds