You’ve probably heard the old saying, ” People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” Well, the most successful advisors I know have an innate ability to regularly demonstrate their caring to their clients. They do it consistently with what appears to be little effort. In reality, their approach is well planned and targeted to grow their practice. Below is a list of 7 ways to nurture client relationships.
1. People want to feel special, valued, respected, and cared for. Your customers are dear and valued friends who have trusted you and valued you. Reciprocate by letting them know what they mean to you on a consistent basis.
2. Focus on doing all you can do to help your client be the best they can be.
4. Communicate from the heart about their interests, not yours. Make it a benefit for them.
5. If you have a good friend in your life, how often do you communicate with him/her? Should you communicate with your customers any less? Do you think your communication “goes deeper” with each and every communication? Absolutely!
6. Show them specifically how they can benefit from the information you are sending. Never assume they will just automatically relate.
7. Ask clients how you can improve your service to them then make the necessary adjustments.
My challenge to you is that you adopt the strategies referred to in the list and monitor the impact on your practice over the next 3 months. The results will truly amaze you.
I look forward to hearing your many success stories once you’ve implemented these ideas!
Michael F. Sciortino Sr.
Executive VP, Managing Director, Head of Distribution
CMG Capital Management Group, Inc.